Last Updated on 26 April 2012, Company: NetIQ Corporation
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager enables you to easily detect mis-configured systems that could lead to expensive breaches or failure to meet compliance goals. The ability to define policy in a simple, easy-to-understand manner, then manage and enforce that policy across your entire enterprise is an essential foundation upon which to build your security and compliance program.
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager enables you to: Assess configurations against compliance mandates such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, NERC, FDCC and more, Report on systems out of configuration, and easily manage exceptions to compliance, Apply industry best practices to your systems to help ensure good security, Identify and report on user entitlements to systems - an essential part of managing access.
Powerful Comprehensive Vulnerability Scanner w/ superb features...
- It's easily one of the fastest scanners around - Large scan with Nessus and ISS took 10 hours, with Security Analyzer the scan took 2 hours.
- Contains a large number of different types of scans (web services, user account, port scan, system inventory, password analysis, configuration hardening, etc.)
- The product has the best looking reports available with an export feature to move scan results to XML. You can import the XML into the provided Access database and any SQL Server.
- Rich customization features, including the ability to write your own security tests using VB.NET, JScript.NET and PERL. I easily wrote several tests to capture additional Inventory ID and location data we specifically use in our company.
- Agents are optional. It uses an impressive hybrid (network and host-based) scan engine designed to allow accurate,more reliable testing of a target host over the network - no need for both host- and network-based scanners, you get both in one package. Reduced the rate of false-positives I encountered when using Nessus and ISS (both are network only scanners).