Winner in the IP PBX Servers Category of Readers' Choice Awards: Asterisk
May 22, 2013 - Asterisk was selected the winner in the IP PBX Servers category of the WindowsNetworking.com Readers' Choice Awards. Cisco Unified Communications Manager and SwyxWare SmartOffice were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|2nd||Cisco Unified Communications Manager||17%|
|4th||3CX Phone System for Windows||10%|
|5th||Axon Virtual PBX System||7%|
|7th||Vertical MBX IP||3%|
"Readers' Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category," said Sean Buttigieg, WindowsNetworking.com manager. "WindowsNetworking.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various solutions for Enterprise Networking at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry."
WindowsNetworking.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by network administrators in a particular category of third party solutions for Enterprise Networking. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors' votes. WindowsNetworking.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site's left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
WindowsNetworking.com Readers' Choice Awards for 2013
Even more awards will be given out during 2013. Visitors to WindowsNetworking.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Enterprise Networking solutions. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Remote Control - January 2013 - DameWare Remote Support
- Network Monitoring - February 2013 - AggreGate Network Manager
- Anti Malware Hardware - March 2013 - Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall
- IP PBX Servers - April 2013 - Asterisk
- Data Recovery Software - May 2013 - Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Email Archiving Software - June 2013 - Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange
- Firewalls & VPN Hardware - July 2013 - Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition
- Backup - August 2013 - Symantec Backup Exec
- AD Management - September 2013 - NETsec Enterprise Permission Reporter
- Network Inventory - October 2013 - Hemoco Lansweeper
- Administration Tools - November 2013 - Hyena
- Help Desk - December 2013 - SolarWinds Web Help Desk
WindowsNetworking.com (http://WindowsNetworking.com) is a Microsoft Windows Networking resource site. It is a leading Enterprise Networking site, attracting over 660,000 Network administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Networking services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Networking experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsNetworking.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsecurity.com, a Windows security resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.