Winner in the Firewalls & VPN Hardware Category of Readers' Choice Awards: Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition
August 22, 2012 - Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition was selected the winner in the Firewalls & VPN Hardware category of the WindowsNetworking.com Readers' Choice Awards. Juniper Networks NetScreen and Avaya Secure Router 2000 Series were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|1st||Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition||35%|
|2nd||Juniper Networks NetScreen||12%|
|3rd||Avaya Secure Router 2000 Series||10%|
|4th||SonicWALL NSA E5500||8%|
|5th||Check Point UTM-1 Edge Appliances||7%|
|6th||McAfee Firewall Enterprise||6%|
|7th||FortiGate Enterprise Series||5%|
|8th||ZyWALL USG 2000/1000/300||4%|
|9th||Endian UTM Macro Series||2%|
"Readers' Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category," said Sean Buttigieg, WindowsNetworking.com manager. "WindowsNetworking.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various solutions for Enterprise Networking at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry."
WindowsNetworking.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by network administrators in a particular category of third party solutions for Enterprise Networking. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors' votes. WindowsNetworking.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site's left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
WindowsNetworking.com Readers' Choice Awards for 2012
Even more awards will be given out during 2012. Visitors to WindowsNetworking.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Enterprise Networking solutions. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Remote Control - January 2012 - DameWare NT Utilities
- Network Monitoring - February 2012 - ServersCheck Monitoring Software
- Anti Spam Hardware - March 2012 - Barracuda Spam Firewall
- IP PBX Servers - April 2012 - Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Data Recovery Software - May 2012 - Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Email Archiving Software - June 2012 - Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange
- Firewalls & VPN Hardware - July 2012 - Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition
- Backup - August 2012 - Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Anti Virus Hardware - September 2012 - Cisco Web Security Appliances
- Network Inventory - October 2012 - ClearApps Network Inventory Advisor
- Administration Tools - November 2012 - Hyena
- Help Desk - December 2012 - ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
WindowsNetworking.com (http://WindowsNetworking.com) is a Microsoft Windows Networking resource site. It is a leading Enterprise Networking site, attracting over 660,000 Network administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Networking services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Networking experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsNetworking.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsecurity.com, a Windows security resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.