Winner in Anti Spam Hardware Category of Readers’ Choice Awards: Barracuda SpamFirewall
April 30, 2008 – Barracuda Spam Firewall was selected the winner in the Anti Spam Hardware category of the WindowsNetworking.com Readers’ Choice Awards. Symantec Mail Security 8100 Series and SonicWALL Email Security were first runner-up and second runner-up.
|1st||Barracuda Spam Firewall||30%|
|2nd||Symantec Mail Security 8100 Series||17%|
|3rd||SonicWALL Email Security||15%|
“Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, WindowsNetworking.com manager. “WindowsNetworking.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various solutions for Enterprise Networking at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry.”
WindowsNetworking.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by network administrators in a particular category of third party solutions for Enterprise Networking. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. WindowsNetworking.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
WindowsNetworking.com Readers’ Choice Awards for 2008
Even more awards will be given out during 2008. Visitors to WindowsNetworking.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Enterprise Networking solutions. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Remote Control - January 2008 - DameWare NT Utilities
- Network Monitoring - February 2008 - ipMonitor
- Anti Spam Hardware - March 2008 - Barracuda Spam Firewall
- IP PBX Servers - April 2008 - Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Anti Virus Hardware - May 2008 - Blue Coat ProxyAV
- Email Archiving Software - June 2008 - Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Firewalls & VPN Hardware - July 2008 - Cisco ASA 5500 Series
- Backup - August 2008 - Acronis True Image Server
- Data Recovery Software - September 2008 - Acronis True Image Server
- Network Inventory - October 2008 - CFH Software LAN Survey
- Administration Tools - November 2008 - Active Directory Janitor
- Help Desk - December 2008 - Help Desk Pilot
WindowsNetworking.com (http://WindowsNetworking.com) is a Microsoft Windows Networking resource site. It is a leading Enterprise Networking site, attracting over 660,000 Network administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Networking services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Networking experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsNetworking.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsecurity.com, a Windows security resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.msterminalservices.org, a Server Based Computing resource site and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.