Follow these steps if the network status changed to “Multiple Networks” and the Internet stopped working in Windows Vista after waking up a computer:
- Open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Customize link for the first network.
- While leaving the Set Network Location window open, click the Manage network connections link back on the Network and Sharing Center.
- On the Network Connections window, right-click the connection that’s connected to the Internet and Disable it.
- Go back to the Set Network Location window and click the Merge or delete network locations link at the bottom.
- On the Merge or Delete Network Locations window, delete the entries and then close the windows.
- Go back to the Network Connections window, right-click on the connection and select Enable.