- Mount the image using a command something like this:
- imagex /mountrw install.wim 1 c:\mount
- Load the registry hive you want to edit using a command something like this (which loads the HKLM\software hive):
- reg load HKLM\temphive c:\mount\windows\system32\config\software
- Open regedit.exe and edit the keys and values in HKLM\temphive as desired.
- Unload the hive you previously loaded using a command like this:
- reg unload HKLM\temphive
- Unmount the .wim file and commit the changes using a command like this:
- imagex /unmount /commit c:\mount
Mitch Tulloch was lead author for the Windows Vista Resource Kit from Microsoft Press, which is the book for IT pros who want to deploy, maintain and support Windows Vista in mid- and large-sized network environments. Mitch was also the author of Introducing Windows Server 2008 and technical project lead for the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Resource Kit, both books also from Microsoft Press. For more information on these and other books by Mitch, see www.mtit.com.