If you need to stage files from your Hyper-V R2 host computer to a virtual machine on that host, you can quickly do so as follows:
1. Shut down the virtual machine.
2. Mount the virtual machine's .vhd file using DiskMgmt.msc on the host computer. To do this, select Attach VHD from the Action menu in Disk Management.
3. Use Windows Explorer to copy files from the host computer to the virtual machine's guest operating system as needed.
4. Unmount the .vhd file. To do this, right-click on the virtual disk (not the volume) in Disk Management and select Detach VHD.
5. Restart the virtual machine.