- Format a floppy diskette on an NT system. NT creates the Partition Boot Sector with code to bootstrap NTLDR. If you formatted with DOS or Win9x, the Partition Boot Sector would have a bootstrap progam to load the boot sector for DOS or Win9x.
- Copy the following hidden, system files from the system partition of the NT
box to the boot disk:
- BOOT.INI (copied from your working NT, it will point to the existing installation)
- NTBOOTDD.SYS - only needed if the computer has a SCSI controller with its BIOS disabled
- BOOTSECT.DOS - present only if the computer is dual boot
See the Registry Construction Steps .
An interesting resource to download boot disks for a wide variety of systems: