It does everything that regedt32 does plus!!!!
- Registry Explorer is a
freeware program that is intended to replace regedit. This free software package
is a system tool that puts itself into Windows Explorer. The features:
- Total integration in Windows Explorer
- Drag and Drop
- Copy and Paste
- Multiple selection for export to file
- Create shortcuts to registry keys
- Add registry keys to your favorites
- Registrar Lite for Win95/98/2000/NT/XP is a freeware, new
generation registry editor that comes with a basic set of tools that makes your
registry editing life easier. Reglite is the freeware version of Resplendent Registrar which is an full-feature registry editor
and registry manager. From Registrar's page:
- Browse, cut, copy, paste, move, delete and rename keys and values just as if it were Explorer
- Addressbar, key descriptions and history buttons for easy navigation
- Bookmark editor with categories, optional key coloring and descriptions
- Search and Replace functionality that runs in the background with advanced options
- Backup and Restore of Registry. Also stores security information on NT
- Remote registry editing in separate windows
- Undo and redo for all registry operations
- Detailed registry key property pages
- Flexible value editors allowing text, multi-line and binary editing of registry values.
- .reg (regedit compatible) file editing in separate windows
- .reg (regedit compatible) file Import and Export functionality
- Optionally abbreviated registry keys displayed (HKLM, HKU etc.)
- Security Editors for permisssions, auditing and ownership like REGEDT32 (on WinNT)
- Edit keys with restricted user access like HKLMSECURITY\Policy\Secrets\DefaultPassword (on WinNT)
- Registry Activity Monitor allows restoring of changes made by system and external applications (on WinNT)
- Read-only mode giving you extra security
- Commandline options to automate common tasks
- Cool, customizable and easy-to-use interface
- Remote update facility to check for the latest version
- Eytcheson Software's Multi-Remote Registry Change is a very fast commercial remote
registry editor for simultaneously modifying multiple NT / Windows 2000
registries. The demo version can work with up to 10 computers at a time on your
LAN. For more than 10 at one time, then you'll have to register the program for
$35.00 plus $2.00 each for computer on your site. There are two versions of the
Multi-Remote Registry Change: the Windows NT/2000 and the Windows 95/98 version.
From the Multi-Remote's page:
- Zero Client Configuration (NT)
- Works equally well over the Intranet and Internet.
- "Retry Log" maintains log of failed changes. One click to retry the failed changes.
- Remotely manage registry security and auditing for groups of computers. (NT)
- User definable dynamic substitutions.
- Change User Rights. (NT)
- Drag and Drop keys and values.
- Registry Browser to quickly find keys and values on any computer. Supports Drag-and-Drop to copy keys and values.
- The option to create the key or simply ignore it if it's not already there.
- Verify the existence of a key and/or value.
- Delete keys (including subkeys) or values.
- The option to change the remote registry for all users of a remote machine - logged on or not.
- Create a simple TAB delimited file to apply many changes to many computers. Includes a method for creating these files with ease.
- Quick Copy a key and all subkeys from one computer to many others.
- Export keys, subkeys and values to .REG file format.
- Apply all changes from .REG files to many computers very quickly.
- Substitute a different root key and/or key path for keys and values in *.REG files.
- Shutdown remote systems or groups of remote systems. (NT)
- Save logs of Operation Successes, Operation Failures and Failures to Connect and then reselect computers based on these logs.
- Multi-Threaded - do many of these operations at once with each operation having multiple threads (2 to hundreds)!
- Startup parameters allow you to process the 'Retry Log' automatically when you start the program or scheduled via command line.
- Change Service User Information (NT)
- Send pop-up messages to your users based upon which machine they are logged in to. (NT)
- Fast, Fast, Fast! Change literally tens of thousands of keys/values per minute.