- Write a logfile entry
- Show a popup-window on the screen
- Issue a NET SEND Command (sends a message to all or specific users on the local network)
- Execute any EXE-File or BATCH-File, e.g. for external page-software etc.
- Play a sound (WAV-File)
- Send a SMTP-Mail with the problem's data to a mailbox, pager or mobile phone
- Reboot the machine (Remote reboot on NT networks)
- Hard-reset the server via a powerswitch that can be controlled via a RS-232 port
- Send notifications to cell phones and pagers using Pagegate from Notepage Inc.
The product is shareware for only $50 (at time of tip writing). The version you can download for free supports up to 2 servers. The licensed version removes the limitation. Although there are commerical services and internet services to do similar functions, the costs are quite high if you are on a restricted budget. Try it. The features are impressive.