Like with Windows Vista, there’s a built-in Administrator account that’s installed with Windows 7. By default it’s disabled and not password protected. However, there might be a time when you want to use this account. Here’s how to set a password and enable it:
- Click Start, right-click Computer and select Manage.
- On the Computer Management window, click System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Set Password.
- Click Proceed.
- Enter the Administrator's desired password twice, and click OK.
- Now to enable the Administrator's account, right-click the Administrator's account and select Properties".
- Un-check the Account is disabled check-box.
- Click OK.