From Windows 2000, you can select which OS will be default by edititing the
boot.ini (as in NT4) or by right clicking and selecting
Startup and Recovery
Set Default operating System
There are commercial multiboot products. Consider Terabyte's BootIt™:
- Windows XP Compatible!
- support for large hard drives and partitions.
- non-destructive resizing and conversion for FAT/FAT32.
- non-destructive resizing for NTFS.
- creation and deletion or partitions/volumes.
- FAT/FAT32 formatting
- copying and moving of partitions/volumes.
- Imaging (including directly to CD)
- booting any partition on any hard drive
- booting from the CD ROM drive
- booting multiple operating systems from a single partition
- user id and password protection
- free upgrades (1.00-1.99)
- 30 day trial
- $30 single license