We need now to define the Properties of the new 'Dial-Up'
The tab: 'General' shows the
information entered during the creation of the connection.
Select in the section 'Connect using' the button: 'Configure'
to check the configuration of your modem:
- verify the 'Connection preferences'
(usually 8 bit, no parity, 1 stop-bit).
- check under 'Advanced', that you use
and as 'Flow-Control'
the 'Hardware (RTS/CTS)':
On the tab: 'Options', make sure, that in the 'Connection
Control' all items are unchecked:
We did NOT configure the TCP/IP-protocol setting
for the 'Dial-Up Adapter' in the 'Control-Panel'
'Network'-applet, but we do it now as
part of the setup of the 'Dial-Up' connection:
In the properties of the Dial-Up connection, select the tab: 'Server
Types' and verify:
- Type of Dial-Up Server: PPP: Windows95, Windows NT 3.5, Internet
- in the section 'Advanced options', uncheck all option
- Allow only TCP/IP as network protocol
- in the TCP/IP-settings, enter now the IP-address(es) of your DNS-servers
(this information is supplied by your ISP)
Most ISP allow (or even require) now, that also the DNS server is
assigned and not anymore specified manually.