Columbia, s.c.– October 3, 2013 – Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced the launch of Unitrends Release 7.2, the latest version of the next-generation software powering its Unified Data Protection™ offering of physical and virtual backup and recovery appliances. Unitrends 7.2 demonstrates the company’s continued investment in providing even the smallest IT departments with enterprise-class data protection at a price point and level of simplicity that meets their needs.
“Storage, backup and disaster recovery demands are skyrocketing as data volumes grow, but unfortunately, IT staffing rates are not rising with them,” said Dr. Mark Campbell, Unitrends’ chief strategy and technology officer. “IT administrators at small and medium-sized enterprises are continuously challenged to do more with less. Our mission at Unitrends has always been to provide them with enterprise-class data protection for heterogeneous environments that is affordable, easy to use and intuitive. Smaller budgets and limited resources should not mean companies have to sacrifice data protection, and Unitrends Release 7.2 ensures that this isn’t the case.”
Enterprise-Class Functionality Wrapped in an Intuitive and Easy-to-Use Design
Unitrends Enterprise Backup™, the company’s software-only backup and recovery virtual appliance, and Unitrends Recovery Series, its family of scalable physical appliances, are proven solutions that provide Simply Scalable™, heterogeneous data protection at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry. Unitrends 7.2 adds to this unrivaled return on investment by providing IT administrators with a more intuitive user experience – freeing up valuable time and resources that they can devote to other pressing tasks. Unitrends 7.2’s intuitive, easy-to-use new features include:
- A Replication Wizard: Enables quick and easy replication setup, as all replication functionality is managed on one appliance via a single user interface.
- Masters with Include: Provides increased granularity for data protection by enabling IT administrators to specify inclusion lists for Windows® file-level master, differential and incremental backups. With this enhancement, users now have the ability to specify exactly what data they want to back up – down to a specific folder or file type – making backups a much simpler task.
- Legal Hold: Enables administrators to maintain retention control by specifying backup groups that should not be purged from the system for a specified number of days or indefinitely. This new capability ensures companies meet compliance requirements and service level agreements (SLAs).
- DNS/DHCP Support for Windows – Simplifies client management by removing the IP address requirement for backups.
- A Second-Level, Task-Based Menu: Includes task-based drop down options on the interface’s Main Menu for increased ease-of-use.
Unitrends’ Unified Data Protection offering already supports more than 100 different versions of servers, operating systems, storage platforms, hypervisors and applications. With Unitrends 7.2, companies now also receive expanded data protection support for Oracle® 11g on Linux and Solaris, Debian 7.0 and Ubuntu 13.04 on Linux, and VMware® resource pools. Administrators also now have the ability to exclude a subset of VMware virtual machine drives from backups, which significantly reduces backup size, saves storage space and increases retention.
New Functionality for Managed Services Providers
Unitrends 7.2 also includes new functionality targeted at managed services providers (MSPs). The next-generation software now includes integration with the ConnectWise® professional services automation (PSA) tool, as well as with remote monitoring and management (RMM) systems. With this new support, MSPs can monitor and manage end users’ infrastructures, including backup and recovery processes, directly through their PSA or RMM system. This integration significantly reduces TCO by replacing time-consuming and error prone manual processes with automated system monitoring tasks that can be managed through a single interface. For more information on Unitrends’ MSP program, please go to http://www.unitrends.com/partners/msp-program.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' regionally-based support team boasts a 98% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.